Professor Ali Kubilay KORKUT
Ali Kubilay Korkut is professor of cardiac and vascular surgery.
He was born in 1970. After completing primary school in 1980, he graduated from Istanbul Erkek Lisesi in 1987.
He qualified in medicine in Istanbul Medical Faculty of Istanbul University between 1987 and 1993.
He completed his cardiac and vascular training in Istanbul Medical Faculty of Istanbul University between 1993 and 1999.
As part of his training, he worked in Great Ormond Street Hospital in London (1994) and in OLV Clinic in Aalst Belgium (2001).
He worked as specialist registrar in Florence Nightingale Hospital and Haseki Heart Centre of Istanbul University.
He became associate professor in 2012, and professor in 2017.
He is a member of;
"Aortic Surgery and Endovascular Intervention", "Coronary Artery Disease", "Peripheral Vascular Disease" and "Vascular Access in Chronic Renal Failure" study group of Turkish Society of Cardiovascular Surgery,
and also "Vascular Access" study group of Turkish Society of Dialysis Doctors.
Areas of expertise
Coronary artery bypass surgery
off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting
aortic and mitral valve surgery
aortic aneurysm and dissection surgery
intraabdominal aortic operation
minimally invasive endovascular intervention TEVAR and EVAR
peripheral bypass operation
carotid artery surgery
varicose vein treatment (surgical or minimally invasive)
shunt operation for dialysis patient
port implantation for chemotherapy
He lectures medical students and nurses in Halic University in Istanbul. He leaded to establish a cardiovascular system in hospital. He believes teamwork in good cooperation achieve the success in cardiovascular surgery.
Publications in PubMed
1. E.Tireli, A.K.Korkut, C.Haberal, K.Bostancı, E.Onursal, "Open heart operations after renal transplantation", Annals of Thoracic Surgery , 596 pp., 1998.
2. A.K.Korkut, E.Arpınar, T.Yaşar, D.Güney, "Primary aortoduodenal fistula complicated by abdominal aortic aneurysm", Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery, 113-115 pp., 2000.
3. B.Sönmez, S.Tansal, M.Ünal, A.K.Korkut, N.Yağan, E.Demirsoy, H.Arbatlı, V.Aytekin, "A left pulmonary artery aneurysm secondary to pulmonary hypertension", Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery, 629-632 pp., 2001.
4. E.Çamcı, M.Tuğrul, A.K.Korkut, E.Tireli, "Blood S-100 Protein Concentration in Children Undergoing Cardiac Surgery", Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia , 29-34 pp., 2001.
5. E.Tireli, A.K.Korkut, E.Kafalı, M.Başaran, "Successful Repair of Ascending Aortic Aneurysm Due to Takayasu's Arteritis", Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals , 184-185 pp., 2002.
6. A.K.Korkut, F.Wellens, L.Foubert, M.Goethals, "Successful treatment of acute dissection of the donor aorta after orthotopic heart transplantation", Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation , 701-704 pp., 2003.
7. H.Arbatlı, R.DeGeest, E.Demirsoy, F.Wellens, I.Degrieck, F.Van Praet, A.K.Korkut, H.Vanermen, "Management of infected grafts and mycotic aneurysms of the aorta using cryopreserved homografts", Cardiovascular Surgery , 257-263 pp., 2003.
8. E.Demirsoy, H.Arbatlı, A.K.Korkut, N.Yağan, B.Sönmez, "A new technique for abdominal heart transplantation in rats", Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery , 747-750 pp., 2003.
9. E.Tireli, A.K.Korkut, M.Başaran, "Implantation of the coronary arteries after reconstruction of the neoaorta by using pericardial or pulmonary hood techniques. A significant impact on the outcome of arterial switch operations", Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery , 173-178 pp., 2003.
10. A.K.Korkut, G.Çetin, İ.Söyler, E.Tireli, "Pleural effusion and off-pump Fontan procedure", Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 799 pp., 2004.
11. G.Çetin, A.Özkara, A.Akçevin, A.K.Korkut, İ.Söyler, Ö.Köner, E.Tireli, "Repair of Multiple Muscular Ventricular Septal Defects: Septal Obliteration Technique", Journal of Cardiac Surgery , 274-277 pp., 2005.
12. A.K.Korkut, F.Hökenek, Y.Kalko, G.Şirin, E.Tireli, E.Onursal, "Patency and Venous Pressure of Arteriovenous Fistulas for Hemodialysis", Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals , 131-134 pp., 2005.
13. A.K.Korkut, H.Lice, N.Aygutalp, "Effective bleeding control during resection of giant carotid body tumor.", Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals , 528-529 pp., 2006.
14. S.Çelebi, Ö.Köner, F.Menda, H.Balcı, AC.Hatemi, A.K.Korkut, F.Esen, "Procalcitonin kinetics in pediatric patients with systemic inflammatory response after open heart surgery", Intensive Care Medicine , 881-887 pp., 2006.
15. A.K.Korkut, G.Çetin, L.Saltık, "Management of a Large Pseudoaneurysm Secondary to Balloon Angioplasty for Aortic Coarctation", Acta Chirurgica Belgica , 107-108 pp., 2006.
16. A.K.Korkut, A.Turna, M.Metin, S.Çuhadaroğlu, A.Gürses, "Chylomediastinum Following Tracheal Surgery", Acta Chirurgica Belgica , 89-91 pp., 2006.
17. A.K.Korkut, S.Çelebi, İ.Günay, "Iatrogenic Thrombosis on the Tendinous Cords of the Tricuspid Valve", Cardiology in the Young, 87-88 pp., 2006.
18. A.K.Korkut, G.Çetin, K.Süzer, "Internal thoracic artery as main blood supply to the lower limbs. Case report.", Acta Chirurgica Belgica, 243-245 pp., 2006.
19. S.Çelebi, Ö.Köner, F.Menda, A.K.Korkut, K.Süzer, N.Çakar, "The pulmonary and hemodynamic effects of two different recruitment maneuvers after cardiac surgery.", Anesthesia & Analgesia , 384-390 pp., 2007.
20. M.Unal, A.K.Korkut, M.Kösem, V.Ertunç, M. Özcan, N. Çağlar, "Surgical management of spontaneous coronary artery dissection.", Texas Heart Institute Journal , 402-405 pp., 2008.
21. A.K.Korkut, M.Kösem, "Superficialization of the Basilic Vein Technique in Brachiobasilic Arteriovenous Fistula: Surgical Experience of 350 Cases During 4 Years Period", Annals of Vascular Surgery , 1-6 pp., 2010.
22. T.Demir, M.U.Ergenoglu, N.Tanrıkulu, A.K.Korkut, E.Demirsoy, “Endovascular Treatment of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in a 26-Year-Old Man. A Case Report and 10-Year Follow-up”, Annals of Vascular Surgery (ISI) , 1021.e1-1021.e3 pp., 2015.
23. T.Demir, M.U.Ergenoglu, H.B.Demir, N.Tanrikulu, M.Sahin, E.Gok, A.K.Korkut, E.Demirsoy, “Pretreatment with Methylprednisolone Improves Myocardial Protection during On-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery”, The Heart Surgery Forum , E171-177 pp., 2015.
24. T.Demir, M.U.Ergenoglu, A.K.Korkut, N.Tanrikulu, E.Demirsoy, “Anomalous Origin of the Left Coronary Artery from the Pulmonary Artery Detected by Echocardiography in an Asymptomatic Young Athlete”, The Heart Surgery Forum, E259-E261 pp., 2016.